My game still crashes.
If reinstalling République does not solve your problem, contact us at [email protected] with two files.
First, we need a player log, sometimes referred to as an “output log.” Second, we need a DXDiag report from your PC. If the issue is graphical in nature (a character falls through the world, an object doesn’t appear on screen, etc), please provide a screenshot.
Importantly, after a crash, please do not run the game again until you have obtained these files. République overwrites the relevant log files whenever the game starts, thereby erasing the information that we need. You won’t compromise anything important if you run the game after getting the records.
Here is how to get your player log:
- Open Steam.
- Right-click République in the game library and scroll down to Properties. Click Properties to open a window with several tabs.
- Select the Local Files tab.
- Click the Browse Local Files button. A window outside Steam will open.
- Open the folder “République_Data.”
- The “République_Data” folder has a lot of content, and the file we need (Output_log.txt) is in here. You can scroll down until you find the file, or you can select the window and press “o” to skip straight there. (Output_log.txt is the only file in the folder that starts with the letter “o.”)
- Attach the Output_log.txt file to the email you send to our support system.
Here is how to get your DXDiag report:
- From your desktop, press the Windows key and “r” simultaneously to open the Run window.
- Type “DXDIAG” into the Run window and click OK.
- A window with several tabs will open. At the bottom of the window, click the button that reads “Save All Information.” This will save the data we need as a text file, and you can place it wherever is easiest for you to locate (such as your desktop).
- Attach the DxDiag.txt file to your support email.
Once we have these, we can review the specifics of your problem.