Website Privacy Notice
Effective Date: July 28, 2022
Camouflaj, Inc. (“Camouflaj,” “we,” “our,” and/or “us”) value the privacy of individuals who use our website, https://camouflaj.com (the “Site”). This privacy notice (the “Privacy Notice”) explains how we collect, use, and disclose Personal Information from users of the Site. As used in this Privacy Notice, “Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. By using the Site, you take note that Camouflaj may collect, use, and disclose your Personal Information as described in this Privacy Notice.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect a variety of information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
If you do not provide your Personal Information when requested, you may not be able to use the Site if that Personal Information is necessary to technically provide the Site or if we are legally required to collect it.
A. Information You Provide to Us
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive Personal Information about you. For example, when you email us, we will receive your name, email address, and any additional information you choose to provide.
Job Application Data. If you decide to apply for a job with us, you may submit your contact information and your resume online. We will collect and use the Personal Information you choose to provide us as part of your job application, such as your contact information, current employment information, resume and other Personal Information you choose to submit with your application and on your resume. If you apply for a job with us through a third-party platform, we will collect and use the information you make available to us through such third-party platform.
B. Information We Collect When You Use the Site
Device Information. We may receive information about the device and software you use to access the Site, including internet protocol (IP) address, web browser type, operating system version, date and times of your visit, and device identifiers.
Location Information. When you use the Site, we may infer your general location information. For example, your IP address may indicate your general geographic region.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect:
- To provide and maintain the Site;
- To communicate with you, and otherwise provide customer support;
- To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency;
- To process your job application; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the Personal Information is collected.
LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING EUROPEAN INFORMATION
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or the United Kingdom (“UK”), we only process your Personal Information when we have a valid legal basis, including as set forth below.
- Consent. We may process your Personal Information where you have consented to certain processing of your Personal Information.
- Contractual Necessity. We may process your Personal Information where required to provide you with the Site. For example, we may need to process your Personal Information to technically provide the Site and its content.
- Compliance with a Legal Obligation. We may process your Personal Information where we have a legal obligation to do so. For example, we may process your Personal Information to comply with tax, labor, and accounting obligations.
- Legitimate Interests. We may process your Personal Information where we or a third party have a legitimate interest in processing your Personal Information. Specifically, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of the Site. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your Personal Information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We do not share or otherwise disclose Personal Information we collect from you except as described below or otherwise disclosed to you at the time of the collection.
Partners and Affiliates. We may share Personal Information with our partners, corporate affiliates, parents, or subsidiaries for any purpose described in this Privacy Notice.
Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any Personal Information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of the Site.
As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; or (iii) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. We may disclose and transfer your Personal Information to service providers, advisors, transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company, or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
Consent. We may also disclose Personal Information from or about you or your devices with your permission.
Do Not Track. There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.
Your European Privacy Rights. If you are located in the EEA or the UK, you have additional rights described below.
- You may request access to the Personal Information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, restrict to the processing of your Personal Information, have your Personal Information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your Personal Information to another company. In addition, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time, where such processing is based on our or a third party’s legitimate interests.
- You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your Personal Information at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
You may exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this Privacy Notice. Before fulfilling your request, we may ask you to provide reasonable information to verify your identity. Please note that there are exceptions and limitations to each of these rights, and that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain Personal Information for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so if and to the extent that is permitted under applicable laws.
Your Privacy Rights under Nevada Law. If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain personal information to third parties. To the extent applicable, you can exercise this right by contacting us at [email protected] with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address. Please note that we do not currently sell your personal information as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A. If you have any questions, please contact us as set forth below in Contact Information.
Your Privacy Rights under Japanese Law. If you are located in Japan, you have personal data rights under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information of Japan (“APPI”), including the right to (i) request access to the Personal Information we maintain about you, (ii) correct, add or delete your Personal information, (iii) request to discontinue the use of or disclosure to third parties of your Personal Information, and (iv) request to erase your Personal Information. You may exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this Privacy Notice. Before fulfilling your request, we may ask you to provide reasonable information to verify your identity. Please note that your rights may be subject to limits under the APPI.
The Site may contain links to other websites, products, or services that we do not own or operate (“Third-Party Services”). We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such Third-Party Services. Please be aware that this Privacy Notice does not apply to your activities on such Third-Party Services or any information you disclose to such Third-Party Services. If you have any questions about how the operators of such services use your Personal Information, you should contact them directly.
We take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it unless we are required by law to keep this information for a longer period. Our standard retention period is 12 months. When we process Personal Information for our own purposes, we determine the retention period taking into account various criteria, such as the type of services provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, possible re-enrollment with our services, the impact on the services we provide to you if we delete some information from or about you, and mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information by using physical and electronic safeguards designed to improve the security of the Personal Information we maintain. However, as no electronic transmission or storage of information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your Personal Information.
The Site is hosted in the United States (“U.S.”) and intended for visitors located within the U.S. If you choose to use the Site from the EEA, the UK, or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your Personal Information outside of those regions to the U.S. for storage and processing.
We may transfer your Personal Information from the EEA or the UK to the U.S. and other third countries based on European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses, or otherwise in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Also, we may transfer your data to the U.S. in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Site. If you want to receive further information about these data transfers and the safeguards used, please contact us via the contact information provided at the end of this Privacy Notice.
If you are located in Japan, your Personal Information may be transferred to third parties located outside of Japan. The information regarding such cross-border transfer of your Personal Information is as described below.
A. Name of the County where the Third Parties are located:
- The U.S.
B. Information about the Legislative Framework on the Protection of Personal Information of such Country
- U. S. Federal data privacy system
C. Information about Measures to be Taken by the Third Parties for the Protection of Personal Information:
- The third parties are taking measures in compliance with the eight (8) principles under the OECD Privacy Guidelines.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under 16 years of age, and no parts of the Site are directed to children. If you learn that a child has provided us with Personal Information in violation of this Privacy Notice, please alert us at [email protected]
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
If your Personal Information is subject to the applicable data protection laws of the European Economic Area, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe our processing of your personal information violates applicable law.
- EEA Data Protection Authorities (DPAs)
- Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC)
- UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities of your Personal Information, please email us at [email protected] or write to us at:
10655 NE 4th, Ste 400,
Bellevue, WA 98004
If you are located in the United Kingdom or the European Economic Area, please contact us using the contact information below:
12 Northbrook Rd.