Camouflaj, the award-winning team behind RÉPUBLIQUE and MARVEL’S IRON MAN VR, is looking for a developer with QA Leadership experience to join us on a new AAA project.
This individual will perform a vital role as the first audience for any game, reporting on performance, usability, playability, and identifying aspects which could be improved. They’ll be responsible for reviewing the quality bar for internal tools and finding flaws before a project is submitted to our publishing partner. We are a focused and driven team, and this role is an example of that need for both excellence and personal efficiency.
- Review games in a fast-paced environment
- Test requirements within the VR headset to accurately assess the player experience
- Sleuth out problems! (Finding a bug is easy, but narrowing down the parameters so that you know what causes a problem 100% of the time is the goal)
- Clearly communicate in concise terms the what/where/when/why and how issues were found
- Participate in review of requirements and designs
- Identify testing priorities and coordinate test plans with the QA team
- Investigate, triage, and regress issues from other QA testers
- Direct and assist with QA requests from the development team
- Perform technical analysis of debug output to help identify causes of issues
- Support engineers by using tools to analyze and report on game performance and memory usage
- Collaborate with producers to work across disciplines to help drive project to completion
- Test requirements within the VR headset, to accurately assess the player experience
- At least 2 years of QA experience on internal game development teams
- Experience with developing test plans and training other QA testers
- VR expertise is a must
- Comfortable playing VR for an extended period of time
- QA backend and frontend website features, load/performance, and automation testing
- Working knowledge of at least two test tools
- Experience with bug tracking databases and spreadsheets
- Knowledgeable of the different types of bugs found in games
- Background in art, game design, or computer science
- Passionate gamer
- Passion for VR gaming
- Video editing knowledge/skills
- Sense of humor (and not just about the policies of Millard Fillmore)
- Familiar with gathering debug information to add to bug reports
- Excellent at providing valuable, constructive feedback
Camouflaj is home to over seventy talented developers who collectively pursue the goal of creating high quality, meaningful games. Minimal on corporate structure and high on personal accountability, Camouflaj is seeking new colleagues who thrive working in an open, honest, and respectful environment.
Although we prefer teammates to live close to our Bellevue, WA office, given the state of the world, we are open to fully remote work.
If you are intrigued by the position and match the above qualifications, please send your resume, cover letter, examples of your shipped work, and any supporting materials to [email protected] Thanks and good luck!
Camouflaj is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. Camouflaj is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.