Senior Technical Artist, Animation
Camouflaj, the award-winning team behind RÉPUBLIQUE and IRON MAN VR is looking for a Senior Technical Artist specializing in Animation to join us on our next exciting AAA project.
As a Senior Technical Artist/Animator, you’ll work closely with animators, character artists, designers,and gameplay engineers to develop and maintain performant real-time characters and assets within Maya and Unity. You’ll create rigs, integrate assets into Unity, and develop tools and pipelines to facilitate the workflows of animators and character artists.
- Create rigs and skinning for characters, creatures, and props.
- Develop content creation pipelines and tools for the animation and character art teams.
- Guide animation and character art teams on best authoring practices for optimized in-game assets.
- Help integrate assets from Maya to Unity and troubleshoot issues.
- Work with the concept team to ensure designs will work with animations.
- Collaborate with designers and gameplay engineers to develop animation features.
- Mentor and train other technical animators on best practices and give code reviews.
- Keep up to date with emerging trends in rigging and animation technology.
- Proficient with creating body/face rigs and skinning in Maya using proprietary tools.
- Experience maintaining and further developing an existing codebase of tools.
- Experience creating tools for Maya and Motion Builder with Python.
- Knowledge of good model topology and able to direct character artists with best practices.
- Comfortable working in Unity and using C# or equivalent.
- Experience with setting up animation controllers and state machines using Mecanim or equivalent.
- Strong 3D math skills such as linear algebra and matrix math.
- 5+ years of experience as a Technical Artist/Animator.
- Ability to give and receive feedback in a highly collaborative environment.
YOU WILL STAND OUT IF YOU HAVE
- Experience with the Maya C++ API.
- Experience with Unity.
- Familiarity with motion capture workflows.
- VR development experience.
Camouflaj is home to over sixty talented developers who collectively pursue the goal of creating high quality, meaningful games. Minimal on corporate structure and high on personal accountability, ideal candidates will thrive in an open, honest, respectful, and flexible working environment.
Although we prefer teammates to live close to our Bellevue, WA office, given the current state of the world, we are open to fully remote work.
If you are intrigued by the position and match the above qualifications, please send your resume, cover letter, examples of your shipped work, and any supporting materials to [email protected] Thanks and good luck!
Camouflaj is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. Camouflaj is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.