Senior Level Designer
Camouflaj, the award-winning team behind RÉPUBLIQUE and IRON MAN VR is looking for a Senior Level Designer to join us on our next exciting AAA project.
As a Senior Level Designer at Camouflaj, you’ll work closely with your design, art and engineering peers, managing your own production commitments. The ideal candidate is creative, experienced, passionate, and believes in collaboration above job titles.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL
- Design, own and champion engaging single-player levels in a highly iterative environment from inception to ship.
- Collaborate with all disciplines to create experiences that serve the entire team’s goals.
- Relay a compelling narrative, design engaging layouts and implement complex scripted sequences to a AAA quality level.
- Push the boundaries of what’s possible by taking on a wide spectrum of difficult challenges.
- Develop, experiment, and prototype level puzzles and mechanics.
- Assist with planning, prioritizing and communicating goals to team members.
- Thoroughly understand hardware limitations and common techniques to stay performant.
- Seek out critiques on your designs, push for iteration, participate in internal playtests, and offer clear and constructive criticism.
- Foster a positive team culture and welcome feedback from your peers.
- 5+ years of industry experience working on 3D titles
- Shipped 1+ AAA titles on high-end platforms
- Ability to bridge the gap between narrative and levels/gameplay
- 3D modeling skills required for creating level layouts
- Strong visual scripting skills
- Understanding the framing, flow and pacing of good level design
YOU WILL STAND OUT IF YOU HAVE
- Experience building levels in Unity
- Experience in the action/adventure genre
- Experience in VR
Camouflaj is home to over sixty talented developers who collectively pursue the goal of creating high quality, meaningful games. Minimal on corporate structure and high on personal accountability, ideal candidates will thrive in an open, honest, respectful, and flexible working environment.
Although we prefer teammates to live close to our Bellevue, WA office, given the current state of the world, we are open to fully remote work.
If you are intrigued by the position and match the above qualifications, please send your resume, cover letter, examples of your shipped work, and any supporting materials to [email protected] Thanks and good luck!
Camouflaj is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. Camouflaj is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.