Camouflaj, the award winning studio behind RÉPUBLIQUE and MARVEL’S IRON MAN VR, is expanding our team as we build a brand new AAA game.
We are looking for a Gameplay Engineer who is focused and collaborative to join our studio. As a Gameplay Engineer, you will design and implement unique player experiences, co-owning your features from concept to ship alongside the Design team. You will build gameplay systems and tools that make world’s spring to life. Most importantly, you will work closely with a fun and talented team to make our ambitious AAA game!
You should have the desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment and also be comfortable with being a big part of a small team and flexible with creative direction.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work with the Systems team to design and implement new gameplay features
- Work with Levels team to realize and refine unique in-game mission experiences
- Create accurate task estimates and complete work in a timely manner
- Communicate requirements and roadmaps with the rest of the development team
- Prototype and iterate on your features and content, using play testing and user feedback to home in the best expression of your ideas
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards
- Work with engineering and production staff to identify technical risks
- Create and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code
- Possess the ability to work under tight time constraints and deadlines
- Own large game features from start to finish
- Maintain a positive and supportive attitude and enjoy working with others
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 3+ years of software engineering experience working on multi-discipline teams (accredited school experience acceptable)
- Excellent communication across disciplines
- Experience implementing gameplay features for a 3D action game
- Well-rounded math background (trigonometry, linear algebra, calculus, etc.)
- Passionate about making exceptional games
- Experience programming in C# or C++
- Prior gameplay programming experience
- Ability to write clear, maintainable code
- Ability to self-motivate and take ownership over gameplay systems and deliverables
- 1+ years of professional experience in gameplay engineering
- Experience with the Unity Engine
- Experience with console development
- Experience working in the VR space
- History working in a small studio environment
Camouflaj is home to over sixty talented developers who collectively pursue the goal of creating high quality, meaningful games. Minimal on corporate structure and high on personal accountability, ideal candidates will thrive in an open, honest, respectful, and flexible working environment.
Although we prefer teammates to live close to our Bellevue, WA office, given the current state of the world, we are open to fully remote work.
If you are intrigued by the position and match the above qualifications, please send your resume, cover letter, and any supporting materials to [email protected] Thanks and good luck!
Camouflaj is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. Camouflaj is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.