Camouflaj, the award-winning studio behind RÉPUBLIQUE and MARVEL’S IRON MAN VR, is looking for an Animation Leader to join our team.
The Animation Leader is a cross-discipline role, and will split their time roughly 60% as an animator, and 40% working closely with the studio production team to manage workflow and process for the animation team.
Successful candidates will have these qualities
- Strong animation portfolio showcasing high-quality, shipped AAA titles
- Strong understanding of animation pipelines and mechanics
- Strong working knowledge of animation principles, physics, and realistic movement, including human anatomy and quadruped motion
- Ability to create high-quality, realistic, hand-keyed and motion-captured animations
- Strong knowledge of production techniques including scheduling, time estimation, prioritization, and task balancing
- Ability to work proactively with teams across disciplines to ensure animation needs are aligned with the overall development goals
- A passion for games and game animation
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to stay calm and resourceful under pressure
- Confidence navigating a fluid environment
- Strong executive decision-making skills and a self-driven, proactive approach
- A willingness to break with tradition to achieve greater goals
- Ability to accept and give constructive and focused feedback
- Eagerness and willingness to grow and learn and stay on the forefront of industry techniques
- Create high-quality, realistic animations within performance budgets that facilitate gameplay needs and bring characters to life
- Assist production in planning, scheduling, and managing animation team workflows, MoCap shoots, feature roll-outs, and other production tasks
- Prototype new technologies and write team-accessible documentation on the findings
- Undergraduate degree or completion of a certificate program that provides an education in the fundamentals of animation, or equivalent work experience in the field
- 3+ years’ experience working as an animator on a shipped title
- Experience working in Maya
- Experience with VR
- Experience with MotionBuilder
- Experience with XSens
- Extensive Unity experience, especially with animator controllers
- Experience with facial animation
- Experience with character setup, rigging, skin weighting, and blend shapes
- A good sense of humor, able to stay relaxed, focused, and optimistic
Camouflaj is home to over sixty talented developers who collectively pursue the goal of creating high quality, meaningful games. Minimal on corporate structure and high on personal accountability, ideal candidates will thrive in an open, honest, respectful, and flexible working environment.
Although we prefer teammates to live close to our Bellevue, WA office, given the state of the world, we are open to fully remote work
If you are intrigued by the position and match the above qualifications, please send your resume, cover letter, and any supporting materials to [email protected] Thanks and good luck!
Camouflaj is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. Camouflaj is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.