Technical Sound Designer
Camouflaj, the award winning studio behind RÉPUBLIQUE and MARVEL’S IRON MAN VR, is expanding our team as we build a brand new AAA game.
We are looking for a Technical Sound Designer with a passion for sonic storytelling. They must be able to work directly with the audio team to create meaningful sound effects that will enhance the player experience as well as bring their big ideas to a small team and work together to produce the best audio possible. Our team will rely on the technical sound designer to create SFX from scratch, have intimate knowledge of Wwise and know the ins and outs of Unity game development. They should have the desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment and also be comfortable with being a big part of a small team and flexible with creative direction.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Collaborate with multiple cross-discipline teams and maintain effective communication channels
- Manage efficient pipeline process and continually optimize workflows for audio to maintain a performant environment
- Partner with audio, design, and other team members to achieve goals
- Keep other team members informed about all audio options, and continue to keep an eye on industry R&D offerings
- Work with production to break down high level goals into tasks and timelines
- 2+ years professional programming experience as an audio game developer
- Ability to create high quality, unique SFX using your DAW of choice
- STRONG experience with third-party audio engines such as FMOD, Wwise, etc.
- Strong passion for storytelling through sound
- Strong knowledge of Unity
- Strong knowledge of WWise
- Experience working with multithreaded systems
- Patience, selflessness, and a desire to help others
- Willingness to experiment with new technologies
- Passion for game audio and music
- An eye (ear) for what makes a great audio asset and the skills to create it
- Portfolio to show off your past work
- Minimum of one previously shipped game title
- Experience with VR development
- Experience programming in C#
- Experience with Reaper DAW
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with Perforce
- Passionate gamer
Camouflaj is home to over sixty talented developers who collectively pursue the goal of creating high quality, meaningful games. Minimal on corporate structure and high on personal accountability, ideal candidates will thrive in an open, honest, respectful, and flexible working environment.
Although we prefer teammates to live close to our Bellevue, WA office, given the current state of the world, we are open to fully remote work.
If you are intrigued by the position and match the above qualifications, please send your resume, cover letter, and any supporting materials to [email protected] Thanks and good luck!
Camouflaj is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. Camouflaj is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.