Camouflaj, the award-winning studio behind RÉPUBLIQUE and MARVEL’S IRON MAN VR, is looking for a full-time UI Designer to join our team. Camouflaj is home to over sixty talented developers who collectively pursue the goal of creating high quality, meaningful games. Minimal on corporate structure and high on personal accountability, Camouflaj is seeking new colleagues who thrive in an open, honest, and respectful working environment.
As a UI Designer, you will be responsible for designing, creating, and helping to implement the User Interface in the game. The main focus will be to create a unique, dynamic, and easy to understand UI that further expands the player’s engagement with the game. The UI Designer will need to balance both the aesthetic elements with the functional design requirements of the UI.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Design and help implement various UI widgets, icons and screens for VR
- Work closely with game designers and engineers to create UI widgets that both solve design problems and at the same time work and look great with any tech limitations in mind
- Experience with Illustrator and Photoshop (or alternative software packages)
- Experience working with Unity engine (including Canvas UI system, regular mesh renderers and animation system)
- Some experience working with 3D editing software for creating 3D UI widgets and comps (super basic modeling and UVs)
- Strong communication skills, ability to gather information from the team to better understand design requirements for each UI request in order to shorten iteration time and provide best possible solution
- Ability to understand the big picture, and the motivation and ability to self-direct and create to that spec with minimal guidance
- Experience in creating UI widgets for VR
- Experience with Unity’s Shader Graph
- Experience working with Houdini (or desire to learn)
Although we prefer teammates to live close to our Bellevue, WA office, given the state of the world, we are open to fully-remote work.
Please send your resume, cover letter, portfolio link, and any supporting materials to [email protected]