Outsource Art Manager
Camouflaj, the award-winning team behind RÉPUBLIQUE and IRON MAN VR is looking for an Outsource Art Manager to join us on our next exciting AAA project. This position is a 12 month contract with an option to extend. Camouflaj is home to over fifty talented developers who collectively pursue the goal of creating high quality, meaningful games. Minimal on corporate structure and high on personal accountability, Camouflaj is seeking new colleagues who thrive working in an open, honest, and respectful environment.
As an Outsource Art Manager at Camouflaj, you are the primary reviewer of external environment art assets. Through each of the delivery checkpoints you will ensure each asset hits our high quality bar, and adheres to our art pipeline. Previous game production experience is essential as you may be expected to complete assets when under a tight deadline. You are a respectful communicator and a patient problem solver. Above all you are the teammate people want to work with!
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL
- Perform Art reviews, and provide quality feedback in our tracking tools
- Communicate directly with the outsource vendors; ensuring clear direction, support, and respectful collaboration.
- Provide clear and concise, both written and verbal, feedback of submissions from external art teams.
- Able to create and/or polish existing 3D assets to meet final deliverable quality when necessary
- Provide feedback of time estimates given by outsource teams and help track deliveries towards deadlines and milestones
- Work with the Art Team to help build documentation around production of game ready assets.
YOU WILL NEED THESE
- Skilled with all current tools and technologies; Maya or Max, ZBrush, Substance Painter
- 3D sculpting, modeling, texturing, and material creation skills for environments and props.
- Proven ability using current generation game engines (Unreal, Unity, etc.).
- Solid understanding of game development and be up to date on current trends.
- Able to collaborate with internal and external teams.
- Knowledge of PBR texturing pipelines.
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team attitude.
- AA or equivalent industry experience.
YOU WILL STAND OUT IF YOU HAVE
- Previous Experience Reviewing Outsource artwork
- Experience using Substance Designer
- Experience with VR development
Although we prefer teammates to live close to our Bellevue, WA office, given the state of the world, we are open to fully remote work.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and any supporting materials to [email protected]