Director of IT
Camouflaj, the award-winning studio behind RÉPUBLIQUE and MARVEL’S IRON MAN VR, is looking for a Director of IT to join our team. Camouflaj is home to over sixty talented developers who collectively pursue the goal of creating high quality, meaningful games. Minimal on corporate structure and high on personal accountability, Camouflaj is seeking new colleagues who thrive in an open, honest, and respectful working environment.
The Director of IT will work closely with studio operations teams to ensure our technology infrastructure supports our development efforts and business needs. The Director of IT will be integral to creating technology strategy for the organization, including planning, innovation, prioritization of technology initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment and management of current and future technology systems across the studio.
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE IF
- You are a proven leader who leads by example and with deep experience
- You bring maturity, experience, and emotional intelligence to a growing organization
- You are a proactive problem-solver who can quickly generate creative solutions
- You are flexible and adaptable, self-motivated, and thrive under ambiguity
- You have keen attention to detail and are analytical and thoughtful
- You have the ability to present technical concepts in a user-friendly manner using language relevant to the technical level of your audience
- You have strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- You thrive in team-oriented, collaborative environments
- You are able to obtain buy-in from stakeholders to move toward common goals
- You are calm under pressure, capable of effectively prioritizing and executing multiple time-sensitive tasks within deadlines
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Own the strategic and operational planning of the IT team for a medium-sized, multi-office game development studio
- Establish deployment priorities, and coordinate and manage current and future technology systems across the organization
- Guide, mentor, and model servant leadership to cultivate an engaged and motivated team whose focus is on providing proactive customer service and seamless support
- Maintain ongoing dialogue with other studio teams to learn and assess their needs, and offer proactive solutions to those needs
- Ensure the team delivers to the highest standards and maintains a reputation for high-quality service and reliability
- Keep current with industry trends and issues, including emerging technologies, procurement sources and asset availability, risk assessment, and cost-benefits
- Provide proactive recommendations in support of the company’s needs, ensuring longevity and continuity of technology service
- Identify and advance opportunities for cost-conscious investment in IT systems and resources, including staffing needs, diversification of sourcing availability, and purchasing
- Develop business relationships with vendors to support ready access to necessary resources, negotiate favorable pricing and licenses, and resolve supply-chain problems before they become issues
- Adequately protect and effectively manage risks for all data and technology infrastructure in the Technology group. Establish and communicate a recovery plan in case of equipment damage or loss.
- Provide on-site support and be on-call when needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, or an equivalent combination of education, certifications, and experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a technology leadership role, including daily operation, strategic planning, applications management, business analysis, process improvement, data security, and data management
- Expert knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Strong familiarity with MacOS and Linux
- Strong familiarity with Perforce and Unity
- Thorough understanding of business processes and required capabilities within a multi-location project-based environment including project management, support needs, technology requirements, and logistical operations
- Passion for VR gaming
- In-depth knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Experience providing IT for a game studio or within the game industry
- 3+ years of experience in cloud management
- 3+ years providing world-wide remote support to a distributed workforce
Candidates must be able to work on-site from our Bellevue, WA office.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and any supporting materials to [email protected]