Senior Substance Designer Artist
Camouflaj, the award winning studio behind RÉPUBLIQUE and MARVEL’S IRON MAN VR, is expanding our team as we build a brand new AAA game.
Are you obsessed with analyzing the physical world and turning it into an enhanced experience? We are looking for a Senior Substance Designer Artist who has an eye for texture and a mind for pragmatism and scalability. You will be responsible for creating materials in Substance Designer, from scratch, with an end-to-end workflow that shows best practices and data-informed efficiency.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Create physically-based, complex materials and textures from scratch to be used with props, environments, and characters
- Integrate “production ready” assets into the game engine
- Develop elegant, data-driven pipeline workflows
- Construct and implement creative solutions to maximize efficiency within engine limitations
- Show a frugal and minimalist mindset when it comes to asset creation: you see the big picture and plan accordingly to optimize asset usage
- Help to own material library creation and maintain material pipelines
- Match established art styles while improving the visual direction
- Mentor and coach peers within the art team
- Be a self directed problem-solver who is not afraid to speak up if you have questions or needs
- 5+ years of professional experience using Substance Designer
- Portfolio demonstrating Substance Designer tiling textures and end-to-end workflow
- Solid understanding of PBR standards and surface/light interactions
- Strong foundation knowledge in traditional arts
- Ability to use 3D and/or procedural techniques to create high-quality materials within production timelines
- Strong knowledge of 3DS Max, Maya and/or other mainstream 3D software packages
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
Camouflaj is home to over fifty talented developers who collectively pursue the goal of creating high quality, meaningful games. Minimal on corporate structure and high on personal accountability, ideal candidates will thrive in an open, honest, respectful, and flexible working environment.
Although we prefer teammates to live close to our Bellevue, WA office, given these unprecedented times, we are open to fully remote work.
If you are intrigued by the position and match the above qualifications, please send your resume, cover letter, portfolio (required), and any supporting materials to [email protected] Thanks and good luck!
Camouflaj is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. Camouflaj is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.