QA Tester (Contract Position)
Camouflaj, the studio behind the episodic series RÉPUBLIQUE, is looking for a QA Tester for a contract position on our ambitious VR-based action game project, MARVEL’S IRON MAN VR.
A QA Tester performs a vital role as the first audience for any game, reporting on performance, usability, playability, and identifying aspects which could be improved. QA Testers are responsible for reviewing the quality bar for internal tools and finding flaws before a project is submitted to our publishing partner. We are a small, focused, and driven team, and this role is an example of that need for both excellence and personal efficiency.
- Able to review games in a fast-paced environment with both long and short development cycles
- Able to sleuth out problems – finding a bug is easy, but narrowing down the parameters so that you know what causes a problem 100% of the time is the goal
- Able to clearly communicate in concise terms the what/where/when/why and how issues were found
- Participate in review of requirements and designs
- Identify testing priorities and coordinate test plans with the QA team
- Investigate, triage, and regress issues from other QA testers
- Direct and assist with QA requests from the development team
- Perform technical analysis of debug output to help identify causes of issues
- Support Engineering team by use of development tools to analyze and report on game performance and memory usage
- Able to assess and communicate testing risks
- Collaborate with producers in working across disciplines within the development team to help drive project to completion
- At least 1 year of QA experience on internal game development teams
- Some experience with VR, personal or professional
- QA backend and frontend website features, load/performance, and automation testing
- Working knowledge of at least 2 test tools
- Experience with bug tracking databases and spreadsheets
- Comfortable playing VR for an extended period of time
- Knowledgeable of the different types of bugs found in games
- Background in art, game design, or computer science
- Passionate gamer
- Passion for VR gaming
- Sense of humor (and not just about the policies of Millard Fillmore)
- Video editing knowledge/skills
- Experience testing PlayStation 4 titles
- Familiar with gathering debug information to add to bug reports
- Excellent at providing valuable, constructive feedback
- Flexibility to work day or evening shift preferred
Camouflaj is a small and dynamic team – each member holds a high degree of freedom and responsibility. Your tasks may be broad and you may be challenged to learn about systems that you might not have known before you arrive, but you’ll climb the mountain with others alongside you.
Send your resume, cover letter, and any supporting materials to [email protected]. Good luck.