Camouflaj, the studio behind the episodic series RÉPUBLIQUE is looking for a senior-level Mission Designer to join our ambitious VR-based action game project, Marvel’s IRON MAN VR.
As a Mission Designer at Camouflaj, you will own the steps of mission production including initial design, prototyping, gameplay validation, and final implementation. You must be able to construct and refine the mission experience for the player, improve rule sets, difficulty, pacing, and progression based on feedback from your colleagues and playtesters. You will work closely with the team to ensure the overall vision.
Camouflaj is looking for a self-motivated mission designer who takes pride in solving difficult problems and delivering quality work. A willingness to experiment with new technologies, such as VR, is required.
- Build measurably compelling, high quality, challenging missions
- Understand the narrative process and how it influences the game design
- Script gameplay events, puzzles, and story sequences using existing systems
- Frequently seek feedback
- Continually iterate on missions based on feedback
- Apply data analysis as part of the design process
- Set and share best practices, production pipelines, and workflows
- Work with production and QA to ensure mission and build stability
- Shipped at least one action-based AAA title as a mission designer (or equivalent)
- Desire to continually improve craft as game developer
- Passion for games with an ability to critically analyze them
- Experience with version control management systems (Perforce, etc.)
- Portfolio to show off your past work
- Experience working with VR
- Professional experience with Unity 5.0 or later
- Fluency in programming or scripting languages
- Working knowledge of 2D and 3D design tools such as Sketchup, Maya, 3DSMax, Photoshop etc.
- Broad knowledge of different entertainment mediums (books, films, etc.)
- Experience working in a small studio environment
Camouflaj is a small and dynamic team. Each member holds a high degree of freedom and responsibility. Your tasks will be broad and you will be challenged to learn new systems. You won’t be alone, however! We are a close-knit team that wants each other to succeed.
Send your resume, cover letter, and any supporting materials to [email protected] Good luck!