Camouflaj, the maker of “meaningful games” such as the episodic series RÉPUBLIQUE, is looking for a Gameplay Programmer to join our team.
Gameplay programmers at Camouflaj work closely with their fellow engineers and designers on core AI systems and mission mechanics, managing their own production commitments and putting in the necessary effort to ship quality products. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and takes pride in solving difficult problems and delivering quality work.
- Work with the design and animation teams to perfect the mission experience pipeline and improve performance
- Implement behavioral and navigation features and evolve the experience with feedback
- Explore existing AI solutions and pathfinding tools and assess cost and ease of integration
- Work with the engineering team and production to refine in-game mission experiences
- Create accurate task estimates and complete work in a timely manner
- Communicate requirements and roadmaps with the rest of the development team
- Experience programming in C# or C++
- Prior gameplay programming experience
- Ability to write clear, maintainable code
- Ability to self-motivate and take ownership over gameplay systems and deliverables
- Motivation to stay on top of current trends in AI
- Experience with the Unity Engine
- Experience with console development
- Experience with behavior trees
- Worked on a networked multiplayer game
- Experience working in the VR space
- History working in a small studio environment
Camouflaj is a small and dynamic team. Each member holds a high degree of freedom and responsibility. Your tasks will be broad and you will be challenged to learn new systems. You won’t be alone, however – we are a close-knit team that wants each other to succeed.
If you are passionate about games and want to work with a team of experienced developers who will help hone your craft, look no further. Please apply at [email protected] and provide links to portfolio. Good luck.