Camouflaj, the maker of “meaningful games” such as the episodic series RÉPUBLIQUE, is looking for an experienced Character Artist to join our team and work on exciting new VR projects.
As a Character Artist, you excel at organic textures and character generation. You are a talented individual able to create believable characters which resonate with a universal audience. This is an amazing opportunity to work with a loving, world-class art team to develop a visually inspired AAA title.
- Collaborate with all team members to design and create realistic and believable character models
- Assist in establishing best practices for character and costume creations
- Comfortable with proxy modeling with basic character and body shapes to test game mechanics
- Handle critique and be willing to adapt models to hit the team’s unified vision
- Collaborate with other team artists in order to hit common milestones on time
- Strong understanding of anatomy, color theory, prop creation, and character design
- Possess a good sense of scale and spatial awareness
- An ability to learn and master new tools and techniques
- Experience in character setup and rigging
- Working knowledge of Max/Maya, Zbrush/Mudbox, Photoshop, Substance Designer, Substance Painter and Marvelous Designer
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other team disciplines (code, design, animation, tools)
- Equally passionate about making games as you are about playing them
- Five or more years’ experience working as a character artist on a shipped title
- Willingness to work with 3D scan data and not afraid of prototyping new tech
- Experience with blend shapes and general understanding how that will work with character rigs
- A desire to implement new techniques that increase art quality and efficiency across disciplines
- Experience developing games using Unity as a base engine
- VR development experience
Camouflaj is a small and dynamic team. Each member holds a high degree of freedom and responsibility. Your tasks will be broad and you will be challenged to learn new systems. You won’t be alone, however – we are a close-knit team that wants each other to succeed.
Send your resume, cover letter, and any supporting materials to [email protected] Good luck!