Camouflaj, the maker of “meaningful games” such as the episodic series RÉPUBLIQUE, is looking for a VFX Artist to join our team and work on exciting new VR projects.
We’re looking for someone who is creative and driven, willing to take on any challenge that comes their way. This person will be self-sufficient and capable of building effects from scratch without any preconceived ideas or supporting concept artwork. You have great communication skills and work ethic, able to work with leads, directors, artists, engineers and designers.
- Concept and prototype new effects
- Effectively communicate new feature requests to the technical artists and engineers
- Collaborate with other FX artists to share techniques, assets and ideas
- Innovate current effect techniques to help define VFX pipeline
- Optimize effects to run efficiently within the game while maintaining high quality standards
- Self-driven and passionate about effects development
- Professional experience creating VFX in real-time game engines, working with real-time particle simulations in Unity or 3rd party systems
- Strong understanding of how to create photorealistic effects
- High proficiency in at least one 3D software package (Maya, Max, Houdini) and Photoshop
- Understanding of soft and rigid body systems
- Knowledge of the art fundamentals (color theory, visual design, composition), the 12 Principles of Animation, and of Lighting and how it influences VFX
- Solid understanding of physics, motion and animation, including weighting, scale and timing
- Previous experience developing real-time VFX for VR games
- Experience in creating high quality fluid dynamic systems (preferably Fume FX)
- Familiarity in authoring custom shaders using either an engine’s node network or a text editor system
- Shipped at least one AAA game
- Additional art skillsets outside VFX (environment modeling, lighting, technical art, etc.)
Camouflaj is a small and dynamic team. Each member holds a high degree of freedom and responsibility. Your tasks will be broad and you will be challenged to learn new systems. You won’t be alone, however – we are a close-knit team that wants each other to succeed.
Send your resume, cover letter, and any supporting materials to [email protected] Good luck!