Camouflaj, the studio behind the episodic series RÉPUBLIQUE, is looking for an Animation Programmer to develop VR animation systems in Unity for exciting new projects.
As an Animation Programmer, you will provide technical solutions for animation technology and tools. You will work closely with animators, character artists, designers and AI programmers. You should have a positive attitude and skills to effectively cooperate in a team structured environment – communication is key, and you will be expected to be fluent across disciplines to help the team achieve goals and the overall vision for our games and toolkit. A willingness to experiment with new technologies, such as VR, is required.
- Design and implement VR animation systems in Unity
- Debug animation problems from the source data to in-game
- Iterate with the team until animation solutions are incredible
- Optimize animation performance
- Document and educate artists on tool usage and best practices
- Research and develop improvements to continuously push our technology forward
- Experience in building for and shipping games on Unity
- Experience with Maya
- Programming experience in C++
- Experience working with animation blend tree systems and extending such systems
- Strong 3D math skills
- Experience with IK solutions
- Passion for character based games, a good eye for visual effect aesthetics, and a desire to do better than what you’ve seen
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in and contribute to a collaborative environment
- VR development
- Facial animation system development
- Console development experience (current generation)
- Detailed knowledge of collision detection, rigid and soft body dynamics
- Games industry experience working on AAA character based titles
- Desire to work in a small studio environment with a distributed development model
Camouflaj is a small and dynamic team. Each member holds a high degree of freedom and responsibility. Your tasks will be broad and you will be challenged to learn new systems. You won’t be alone, however—we are a close-knit team that wants each other to succeed.
Send your resume, cover letter, and any supporting materials to [email protected] Good luck!