06 Feb Network Programmer
Camouflaj, the maker of “meaningful games” such as the episodic series RÉPUBLIQUE, is looking for a Networking Programmer (mid-to-senior level) to join our team to work on exciting (and announced) new projects in VR with multiplayer elements.
The right candidate owns and drives multiplayer technologies for Camouflaj’s future games, has a command of client and server technology and architecture, and has experience with synchronous online games on PC or consoles. Unity experience is desired.
We are looking for a self-motivated teammate who enjoys the freedom afforded by a minimal management layer, but works well with others and communicates well. Our ideal candidate takes pride in solving difficult problems and delivering quality work.
- Determine robust, well-thought, innovative solutions to various engineering challenges
- Design, implement, and support real-time multiplayer network systems in Unity
- Produce clean, documented, and extensible C# code with a deep knowledge of networking features
- Adhere to team code standards and best practices
- Create and maintain a shared knowledge base of cutting edge networking technology
- Work with the production team to break down high level goals into tasks and timelines
- Effectively communicate with other departments
- At least 1 released title where network or multiplayer programming was a primary responsibility
- Solid background in real-time networking for games
- Verifiable proficiency with C#, Object Oriented Design and Design Patterns
- Network programming experience (TCP, UDP, optimization, security, NATs, etc.)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Passionate gamer
- Two or more years of professional experience working with Unity, as well as knowledge of Unity networking solutions and add-ons (UNET, Bolt, Forge, etc.)
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Rackspace, Linode, etc.)
- Experience with either peer-to-peer or client-server networking models
- Familiarity with console system networking APIs
- Experience with client-side prediction and server reconciliation
- Familiarity with networking solutions used by popular game engines (Unity, UE4/3, etc.) and their strengths/weaknesses
- Experience in participating in code reviews (for your work and you for other team members)
- Experience in VR Development
- Desire to work in a small studio environment with a distributed development model
- Experience with rapid prototyping/Agile development
- Legally able to work in the United States
Camouflaj is a small and dynamic team—each member holds a high degree of freedom and responsibility. Your tasks may be broad and you will be challenged to learn about systems that you might not knew before you arrive, but you’ll climb the mountain with others alongside you. Camouflaj is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send your resume, cover letter, and any supporting materials to [email protected]. Good luck.