06 Feb GRAPHICS PROGRAMMER
Camouflaj, the studio behind the episodic series RÉPUBLIQUE, is looking for a Graphics Programmer (mid-to-senior level) to join the team. The right Graphics Software Engineer candidate owns and drives the rendering pipeline for multiple platforms, and works alongside fellow engineers and designers to define and ship quality products.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated and takes pride in solving difficult problems and delivers quality work. A willingness to experiment with new technologies, such as VR, is required. Given the agile nature of the team, new hires are expected to hit the ground running to seek areas that need their help the most.
- Communicate effectively with other departments
- Determine robust, well-thought, and innovative solutions to various graphics programming challenges
- Work closely with the Art Team to bring to life their desired visual targets, and then challenge them to do more
- Produce clean, documented, and extensible code
- Maintain an “always-up” game development environment
- Adapt to new hardware platforms, writing and optimizing code to achieve framerate and engine objectives
- Adhere to team code standards and best practices including participation in code reviews (for your work and you for others)
- Educate other team members on new rendering pipeline and technology options, and continue to keep an eye on industry R&D offerings
- Work with Production to break down high level goals into tasks and timelines
- 3+ years professional programming experience working with engines for game development
- Fluency in C# and Cg/HLSL
- Experience with multi-threaded programming environments
- A deep knowledge of rendering pipeline features and optimization processes
- Strong 3D math skills
- Strong understanding in modern 3D graphics APIs (Direct3D11+, OpenGL4.0+)
- Solid understanding of computer architecture and platform specific considerations
- Experience in optimization of code and data to improve both memory consumption and execution speed
- Experience with rapid prototyping/Agile development
- Passionate gamer
- Experience working with Unity
- Experience working with VR
- Strong proficiency in art asset pipelines
- Working knowledge of 3DSMax & Maya
- Strong understanding of Shaders
o Additional bonus points for examples you’ve helped created
- Interest in working in all parts of the codebase
- Patience, selflessness, and desire to help others
- History working in a small studio environment
Camouflaj is a small and dynamic team – each member holds a high degree of freedom and responsibility. Your tasks may be broad and you may be challenged to learn about systems that you might not knew before you arrive, but you’ll climb the mountain with others alongside you.
Send your resume, cover letter, and any supporting materials to [email protected]. Good luck.